Skip to main content

Visualizing Ourselves... With Crowd Sourced Data Response

Visualizing Ourselves... With Crowd Sourced Data was a fun TedTalk. Aaron Koblin is an interesting fellow because he asks people for data that he can use to create art. He created project called Flight Pattern, which showed all the different flight patterns across the United States, it also had all the different airports in each state. Koblin likes using data to create art because it use a collaborative art in crowd sourcing. Having just learned about creative crowd sourcing in class, I liked that Koblin chooses to collaborate with other people on a global scale. There are many different ways to create art and involving others to play a part in the creative process allows the art to become very different. For instance, in Koblin's project, Johnny Cash Project, had different people draw on each frame as they went by. Seeing each frame pass by, we can see each person's interpretation of Johnny Cash. Another one had each user submit Koblin a drawing of a sheep facing to the left. Afterwords we saw what each sheep looked like. This showed that each person's sheep was different from all the others. I think Koblin just likes to see how different each person likes to interpret things. He wants to illustrate how people see the world and how different they are from each other. If I were to create a picture of a dog, it would be different from someone else like my brother. Koblin's ways of crowd sourcing looks like fun and I want to do some creative crowd sourcing because I don't know what I could get. I like having that mystery of what this person might draw or say and then getting it sounds exciting. Having a bunch of people contribute to a large artistic piece is a thing I want to see more of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhythmic Edit Experience

So when I set out on doing my rhythmic edit, it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do. I brainstormed what we could do with my alter ego. I eventually decided on a guy who is very over protective but wants to ride a bike in spite of that. When Porshia came over to my house, I had gathered all my equipment on the table, and went through everything I wanted to do with Porshia. I started with myself getting my gear on, going outside, opening the garage, and getting on my bike. I'm very good at doing stunts on my bike so I knew how to fall properly and the gear I had on helped prevent any injuries. As I was falling down, the neighbor next door asked if I was okay, and I said that I'm fine, I'm doing it on purpose. After we'd finished filming my alter ego, we went and shot Porshia's. I wasn't sure exactly what her alter ego was suppose to be. She had a mask she bought from the drug store, a fake snake and a lighter all together. We started with the lighte

My Rough Theatre

After reading through Peter Brook's "The Rough Theatre", I realize my own experiences with film is varied by the different ways I have made films. I have made documentaries, experimental films and narrative films, but each can made in many different ways. Documentaries, for instance, you can tell them by in strict objective terms, doing a "Voice of God" or speaking for a group of people but not letting them tell their stories. You can also create reenactments for events that happened in the past that you want to portray. I did a documentary where we filmed these Roller Derby girls, asked them questions and watched them play a game. Sadly our audio didn't record so we ended up having to trash it but it was a good learning experience. Experimental films, on the other hand allow the filmmaker greater freedom to create what they want and the viewer to view the film in more interpretive ways. There is no right way to make an experimental film, you just explore

My Earth Animation Experience

After finishing the Earth Animation for class, I think I've grown an appreciation for stop motion animation. When me and Thomas started, we decided that the park would be a great place to film our animation. We didn't have a specific way we wanted to create the animation but rather, just find whatever was there and create a more abstract animation. When we got to the park, we had to find a place where the where the ground could be seen easily and there was no man made objects. We found a good area where there was more dirt and objects could be seen easily. Once we found a spot, I set up my DSLR camera on a tripod, and used the sticks, leaves and branches around. Thomas placed each object as I shot each picture. When we had taken enough pictures, we took out the H6 recorder and recorded the sounds in the area. We caught some birds, insects and sounds of the wind. At after that, I went home and edited it all together. Moving each picture on the editing Timeline took some time, pu